Thursday, February 14, 2013

Celtic vs. Juventus

So for my next post I have decided to write about the Celtic vs. Juventus soccer game that happened yesterday. I am an avid soccer fan and I usually watch as much soccer as I can (which can be difficult because sometimes the games are on really early because of the time difference). I don't really follow either Celtic or Juventus, but this was the Champions League, which involves the best teams in Europe, and Celtic was the underdog and they weren't even supposed to make it this far in the tournament, so I was rooting for them. The game was played at Celtic Park in Glasgow, Scotland on Tuesday, February 12 at 2:45 PM.



This is a picture of Celtic Park.




















This is a picture of Giorgios Samaras, my favorite player on Celtic. Unfortunately, he was injured so he wasn't able to play in the match. He is 6'4" and a monster.





The game started off badly for Celtic, as they conceded a goal in the 3rd minute of play. I was not happy.

Then, for the next 50 minutes or so, nothing really happened, but Celtic were playing well.

Finally, about halfway through the second half, Celtic had a breakthrough. A Celtic player crossed the ball to a guy who was unmarked right in front of the goal, who headed the ball into the ground right at the keeper. His name is Ambrose, and I DON'T KNOW WHAT IN THE BLOODY WORLD HE WAS THINKING!!! Celtic could've had a goal! It could've been 1-1! I have posted a link below to a video that shows this atrocious effort.

Unfortunately, I could not find a video that shows the attempt on goal. I'm sure if you really want to see it someone will post it on youtube at some point in time.

Here is a link to a video that shows the highlights of the match.

http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lsSCoiuhJSA

Anyways, after that atrocious miss, which was really Celtic's only good chance to score in the game, Juventus went on to score two more goals. For the third goal, AMBROSE, lost the ball RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BOX, and the guy from Juventus had an easy goal. It will be almost impossible for Celtic to overcome a 3-0 deficit when they travel to Juventus next week, but hey, we can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame Celtic lost. The scoreline definitely did not tell the whole story. They dominated the first half, but you're right, Ambrose had an atrocious game. You could probably blame him for all three goals. Nice blog Brian, I enjoyed your analysis, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete